After nearly 20 years of working in churches I now serve nonprofits, write a lot, and speak a little. I am the Founder of The 25 Group, an organization that serves the global poor, in 2014. I am a former candidate for Texas State House of Representatives. I have been married for 18 years and have two great kids.
Ten More Random Things About Me:
- I grew up a farm kid — hauling hay, raising sheep & cows, and loving country music (still love country music, but no sheep or cows in sight)
- I was in an All-State octet my sophomore year of high school.
- I preached my first sermon at the age of 12. It was terrible.
- I don’t like mayonnaise, ranch dressing, cottage cheese, sour cream, and most other white sauces.
- No lie: I dated a clown in college.
- I am an enormous, life-long fan of the Saint Louis Cardinals
- My favorite T.V. Drama of All Time: Lost | Sitcom: Seinfeld | Honorable Mention: The Wonder Years
- I drink approximately 37 cups of coffee per day. Black.
- I like beef, bacon, and especially enjoy beef wrapped in or topped with bacon.
- I have read (and own) every John Grisham book that has ever been written (but 11/22/63 by Stephen King is my favorite fiction title of all time)