After 18 years of part- and full-time student ministry, Titus Benton now serves as Campus Pastor at Ecclesia on the West Side. He is also the Founder & President of The 25 Group, a nonprofit organization he co-founded in 2014.
Convinced too many people’s head hit the pillow at night feeling like they’re on auto-pilot, coasting through life, his desire is to call the Church to stop playing church and invite those outside the Kingdom in. Through preaching, writing, and giving, Titus inspires people to live deeper lives with Jesus.
In addition to his work with Ecclesia, his preaching/teaching work takes him to youth conferences, camps, and churches as well as into college classrooms and third world countries. Start a conversation about bringing Titus to your church or organization.
The author of three books, he has also been published in Relevant Magazine, Youth Worker Journal, The Journal of Student Ministries, Immerse Journal, Thought Catalog and is a regular columnist in his hometown newspaper, The Salem News. He has a new book set for release in January 2018.
The 25 Group is about making “less least of these,” a rallying cry inspired by Jesus’ words in Matthew 25. By raising money from individual donors (usually about $25/month), the nonprofit grants large capital gifts to other missions and nonprofits who are feeding the hungry, providing water for the thirsty, helping the sick, and more. In it’s first three years, The 25 Group gave away over $200,000 to 14 organizations in 8 countries. Titus serves in full-time leadership of this organization and uses his preaching, teaching, and writing ministry to communicate the mission of The 25 Group.
His greatest accomplishment and personal joy is being the husband of Kari and the daddy of Nora and Malachi.
He’s a halfway decent Twitter follow.
He takes mediocre pictures for Instagram.
Or you can also connect on Facebook.
If you are a big fancy businessman/woman, here’s his LinkedIn
Ten More Random Things About Titus
- Grew up a farm kid — hauling hay, raising sheep & cows, and loving country music (still loves country music, but now sheep or cows in sight)
- Was in an All-State octet his sophomore year of high school.
- Preached his first sermon at the age of 12. It was terrible.
- Doesn’t like mayonnaise, ranch dressing, cottage cheese, sour cream, and most other white sauces.
- No lie: dated a clown in college.
- Is an enormous, life-long fan of the Saint Louis Cardinals
- Fave T.V. Drama of All Time: Lost | Sitcom: Seinfeld | Honorable Mention: The Wonder Years
- Drinks about 37 cups of coffee per day. Black.
- Likes beef, bacon, and beef wrapped in bacon
- Has read (and owns) every John Grisham book ever written (but 11/22/63 by Stephen King is his favorite fiction title of all time)
- Has never seen any of the Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, or Rocky movies.
- Doesn’t count well.